Joseph Murphy – The Power of Your Subconscious Mind – How to change our belief System!

What is a “Belief” after all? Belief is a psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true. This means that each of us has different set of beliefs in his mind.  It also means that whatever you believe is TRUE you can change it. So if you believe that “you cannot do something” you also can – if you choose – believe that “you can do it”.

Where do we get our set of beliefs? We are born with unlimited ability and a belief that we can do anything (watch a kid for a day!! See how fast they can learn “stuff” simply because they believe they can) but then come parents, society, religion, norms, traditions etc…and our beliefs start to change, be more and more restricted with a longer and bigger list of “what I cannot do” and “why”. Then all these beliefs get stored like seeds into a place called “our subconscious”.

How to change a Belief?

  • First you have to know that our own list of beliefs is stored in our subconscious.
  • Our subconscious represents 80% of our mind the remaining 20% is our conscious!! Yes all what we are doing is controlled by our subconscious.  This means that whatever we DO is coming, motivated or resulting from a thought, a belief and this voice coming from our subconscious
  • To change a belief we have to change it on a subconscious level (this is why – in my opinion- the law of attraction most of the time is not working because we are only targeting the conscious mind.). We have to feed our subconscious other ideas, words and images. We have to know that our subconscious has no control over what is IN IT. Whatever we will feed it, it will react upon it. So if you feed it differently it will react differently.
  • We can change our subconscious mind through affirmation. YES as simple as that, repetition of affirmation will create wonders in our reality, because our subconscious will act differently.
  • So if you keep telling yourself something like: “I will never get to do this course” CHANGE THIS to: “I am accepted into the course, I am excelling in this study and I can finish this course.”

Check the below video, and see how these people challenged beliefs around them simply because they had other ones in their minds.  Also I think Mohamed Ali got it right long time ago when he said “It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen. (Ali’s official website)

The Way I See It: if you catch yourself saying I cannot do something…say: who said so?? I can do it. I strongly recommend reading Joseph Murphy’s book. It changed the way I see, accept and look to anything that is going in my mind as well as helped me to change many of my own restricted set of beliefs. I cannot tell you how many things I did since then, a year ago I wouldn’t even dream to do it. One of them is this blog!! Go ahead and read Joseph Murphy’s book – The Power of Your Subconscious Mind.

For Audio parts of Joseph’s book please click here. Enjoy the journey of changing your list of beliefs, if I can do it ..so can you………!

Love & Lights

%d bloggers like this: